Sunday 30 June 2024

Clearwing Moths

So far so good with the lures purchased earlier in the year.

As of the date of this post I have recorded six species of Clearwing moth locally, two of which are now on the garden list (Red-belted and Red-tipped) whilst Six-belted were found across Wallasea Island towards the end of june. 

Out of the six species recorded it was completely unexpected that I would come across not one but multiples of the extremely rare and protected Fiery Clearwing. Given this is a protected UK species I won't be giving the details of where but I will be expanding my searches for this species as well as a few missing ones not yet encounted. 


Orange-tailed Clearwing - Westwood


Yellow-legged Clearwing - Westwood



Red-belted Clearwing - Garden, Rochford



Red-tipped Clearwing - Garden, Rochford



Fiery Clearwing - undisclosed location




Six-belted Clearwing - Wallasea Island






No comments:

Post a Comment