Sunday 14 February 2021

Winter Thrushes

With the country seeing lots of cold weather and snow it was only a matter of time before birds were on the move. As with elsewhere winter thrushes have been appearing locally in very good numbers and my garden has seen more Fieldfares, Redwings and Blackbirds in the past week than in the past 4 years combined. 

As the berries have now been completely stripped from my Rowan I visited Oaken Grange Drive in Southend this morning where a large flock of around 500 Fieldfare are busy laying into the berries. 

These are amongst the most photogenic local Fieldfares I've ever had. 

Whilst not the pulse racing rarity one hopes for they vertainly made up for it in spectacle and some were so well marked and confiding that I found it difficult to drag myself away. 












No comments:

Post a Comment