Sunday 22 April 2018

Garden Kite

Much of my day was spent getting the garden in order. Plugging a hole in fence caused by the local Badger, Cutting the grass, de-weeding etc with some time spent sky watching. This resulted in 4 House Martins and three Swifts, both being my first for the year, however, with a Lesser Whitethroat singing briefly. I thought this was a garden tick but my records shows I heard one back on 2014 so this represented just the second garden record.

However the days hightlight was the very long over due Red Kite which drifted in from the west and continued steadily east and was gone within a minute.

Whenever I'm in the garden I always have my Bins and Camera to hand to I was quickly able to get a few record shots. We pleased with this.


1 comment:

  1. Nice one Steve, had 10 on Forest on Friday, a lot moving at the moment mate.

    ReplyDelete